Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hockeytown, Wounded Warrior, Good Pizza!

During the summer of 2009 I went to a ton of Tigers games. I was even there on the cold final night of the season when it came down to the Tigers and Twins for the final playoff spot. The Tigers lost that game and eventually Minnesota would go on to represent the AL Central in the Playoffs. That was a good game for me. I went as a guest of my Team Leader in Iraq. He had been injured in Iraq and was now a part of the wounded warrior project. The Wounded Warrior Project had a pizza party for family of wounded warriors at Hockeytown before the game. That was my first experience at Hockeytown. The staff was amazing and the game day atmosphere is one that everybody should get to experience. I’m not even a hockey fan (I’m trying though. Go Wings, Go Jets) but that place was amazing with the Redwing carpet and Redwings memorabilia all over. Of course the pizza was great too. This was a while ago but I would like to send a thank you to the Detroit Tigers, Hockeytown, but most of all the Wounded Warrior Project for setting up a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. My good friend is from Detroit and he LOVES the Redwings! :)

    ReplyDelete